Natural aging is an inevitable process. Although life might get more fulfilling if you age gracefully, premature aging in skin is one thing we shouldn’t neglect. Keep scrolling for 6 signs of premature skin aging and how to slow it down.
Premature Aging In Skin Isn’t Downright Scary As You May Have Thought
Common Sign Of Premature Aging In Skin
1. Dull Skin
Dull skin is one of the first and most noticeable signs of premature skin aging. Due to the decline in effective skin shedding, the buildup of dead cells might make your skin appear less bright and luminous over time. Moreover, poor lifestyle habits, stress, and weather might negatively affect your skin.
Be aware that discoloration patches or brown spots on your skin imply premature aging. Long-term sun exposure throughout the course of your life could be the cause of stretched, brown patches. Whereas melasma—a harmless skin condition appearing on your forehead, chin, cheeks, and around the mouth area is the consequence of both hormone imbalances and UV exposure.
3. Veiny Hands
Your hands also require constant protection as they are likely to get more sun damage than your face. UV exposure can thin your skin and cause prominent veins as well as other skin damages like wrinkles, sagginess, and brown patches on your hands.
4. Wrinkles & Fine Lines
Despite being a natural part of aging, wrinkles can be particularly concerning if your wrinkles appear to be more extensive than your friends. Besides genetics, poor lifestyle choices might speed up the aging process, resulting in loose, wrinkly skins. It’s estimated that most women start to notice the change in their skin around 40. Still, you can actively slow down aging by limiting alcohol consumption, excessive sun exposure, and smoking.
5. Frequent Bruises
If you find yourself bruising more easily, it’s another indicator telling you that you’re aging faster than usual. While bruising in older adults is rather typical, easy bruising in much younger people, also known as solar purpura, results from chronic damage of the support structure around the small blood vessels in the skin. Consequently, bruises show up much easier.
6. Thin Lips
While some people may have naturally thin lips, thin lips can also imply speeded-up aging. But, what makes our lips appear full and plump? Collagen is the answer. However, the older you get, the less collagen you produce, leaving your lips looking thinner over time.
The Causes Of Premature Aging In Skin
Genes can cause you to age faster, but these behavioral and environmental factors can play a huge role in premature aging.
- Excessive sun exposure
- Unhealthy eating habits
- Too much alcohol and caffeine intake
- Disrupted sleep schedules
What Can You Do About It?
Can aging be reversed? Sadly, no. But there are many effective ways to help you make peace with premature skin aging and possibly slow down the process.
- Use UV rays protection: Most skin problems come from long-term sun exposure. That said, you can actively limit the amount of time you spend outdoors, wear hats and choose a sunscreen with at least 30 SPF.
- Apply moisturizer and lotion every day: Dehydrated skin can make wrinkles appear worse. Using enough moisturizer and lotion can prevent water from escaping. Moreover, drinking 8 cups of water per day can significantly hydrate your body and skin.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet: Did you know there are foods capable of making you look younger and supporting healthy aging at the same time? So, don’t hesitate to plan a healthy, balanced diet with fresh fruits and vegetables to load up nutrition into your body for effective skin cell production.
- Drink less alcohol, drink more green tea: It’s no surprise that alcohol is tough on your skin. Instead, polyphenols found in green tea can help you reduce external skin aging.
- Avoid repetitive facial expressions: Staying outdoors without sunglasses can make squinted eyes, simultaneously contracting underlying muscles. As a result, this seemingly harmless facial expression can cause wrinkles and fine lines all over your face.
- Exercises and workouts: Regular physical activities help boost your blood circulation. This will help your skin look more youthful than you expected.
- Have a better sleep schedule: Getting enough sleep is crucial to your health in general and your organs in specific. Not only that, a well-balanced sleep schedule will help your skin have time to rejuvenate and refresh itself overnight.
- Try Liquid Facelift: Reclaim your skin radiance with Regen Labs’ 100% vegetarian formula that provides high effectiveness in restoring your skin by reducing fine lines and wrinkles, producing collagen production, and activating genes at cellular level. The key ingredients include BPC-157 and GHK-CU which have the potential to make skin more youthful and smoother over time.
Premature aging isn’t as scary as you thought it would be. Although it can’t be completely reversed, adjusting your lifestyle and schedule can significantly affect your entire appearance and physical health.
It is a lot to think about! We get it. Regen Labs has options for you if you have questions about premature skin aging. All Regen Labs products support the body’s natural systems for a healthy brain, skin, muscle, and sexual health.
Regen Labs products contain research-proven ingredients to boost the body’s natural ability to be healthy without toxins or synthetic chemicals.
Let’s talk! If you have questions, we would love to connect. Contact us at [email protected].