One of the biggest concerns about sex performance may be “what is hypogonadism?”
Hypogonadism is a medical condition related to the decreased functional activity of the gonads (ovaries or testicles). The effects depend on various factors and cause annoying consequences associated with sex life.
Here is everything you need to know about hypogonadism and how to improve it.
What Is Hypogonadism and Everything You Need to Know Hypogonadism
What Is Hypogonadism?
Hypogonadism is a condition in which the sex glands generate little or not enough sex hormones. This hormone plays a vital role in male growth and development throughout puberty.
The gonadal deficit or low sex drive is another name for hypogonadism.
Testosterone is produced by the testicles (testes) in the male reproductive system. In men, a lack of testosterone results in hypogonadism. Meanwhile, estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone are all produced by the ovaries in the female reproductive system. Women who have low levels of these hormones may experience low sex drive.
There are two types of hypogonadism, including:
- Primary hypogonadism is when the sex glands stop producing hormones or slowly produce hormones.
- Secondary hypogonadism is when a disease interferes with either the hypothalamus or pituitary gland, which are essential for hormone production.
Symptoms of Hypogonadism
Hypogonadism symptoms differ from person to person depending on the cause, age, gender, and degree of testosterone deficiency. When teens do not reach puberty on time, they may be diagnosed with second hypogonadism. In this case, hypogonadism can result in:
- For teen girls: undeveloped breasts and a lack of menstruation
- For teen boys: undeveloped testicular size and a lack of facial hair
- Both genders: impaired sexual development
In the meantime, especially in males, adult-onset hypogonadism can lead to:
- erectile dysfunction
- sperm deficiency
- mood swings
- decreased libido
- sleep disorders
- loss of muscle mass
- lack of body hair
- increased body fat
- breast enlargement (in men)
- nipple discharge (in females)
- hot flashes
- poor concentration
How To Diagnose Hypogonadism
If you experience those symptoms mentioned above, it would be best to seek help from a healthcare practitioner. They will check your medical history and carry out a physical examination. For females, they may have a pelvic exam. Other tests which can be conducted include:
- Blood test: helps check levels of sex hormones, thyroid hormones, prolactin, and iron.
- Imaging tests: identify tumors in the pituitary gland or brain. In addition, an ultrasound checks the possibility of ovarian cysts or polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Semen analysis: is a test of a man’s sperm and semen.
How to Improve Hypogonadism
Testing is necessary to determine whether or not an individual is experiencing hypogonadism. There are various methods to help treat hypogonadism, including boosting your stamina and improving your overall sexual performance.
1. Exercise Regularly
Improvement in physical strengths will develop your mental wellness. Exercises aid in enhancing your stamina, leading to better endurance. Moreover, doing different activities will help steady your breath and boost your flexibility. Here’s a list of workouts you can try:
2. Change Your Diet
Various nutrients and foods are prone to help improve your sex drive, treating symptoms of hypogonadism, including:
- Capsaicin: chili, peppers, ginger root
- Potassium-rich foods: spinach, banana, quinoa, tomatoes
- Complex carbs: oatmeals, sweet potatoes, brown rice, corn
- Protein: nuts, tofu, eggs
- Vitamin B: lean meats, eggs, avocado, peanut butter
- Omega-3s: oily fish, kale, chia seed, mussels
3. Consider Supplements
If you find exercise and a diet change have no significant effect on your condition, you can consider taking supplements that include the following ingredients:
- Ginkgo biloba
Regen Labs Fearless: Fearless effectively increases both male and female libido with the most innovative, toxin-free vitamins for sexual health. Fearless consists of natural components such as Horny Goat Weed (Icariin), Black Ginger Extract, and Panax Ginseng, which help:
- Enhance pleasure
- Prevent the body’s blood flow restriction
- Produce nitric oxide
- Increase sexual desire
Buy Fearless here: Regen Labs – Fearless
It is a lot to think about! We get it. Regen Labs has options for you if you have concerns about “What is hypogonadism?” All Regen Labs products support the body’s natural systems for a healthy brain, skin, muscle, and sexual health.
Regen Labs products contain research-proven ingredients to boost the body’s natural ability to be healthy without toxins or synthetic chemicals.
Let’s talk! If you have questions, we would love to connect. Contact us at [email protected].