Collagen is the most prevalent protein in your body. It makes up about 75% of your skin’s weight and 30% of your body’s protein mass. Collagen is found in different parts of our bodies, including tendons, cartilage, teeth, bones, heart valves, and corneas. Collagen is the principal structural protein, acting as a scaffold and providing volume to keep the skin smooth and prevent wrinkles.
Sun exposure and pollutants can break down collagen, and collagen production declines as you age. As a result, skin appears thinner and has less structural support. However, based on the desire to reduce wrinkles and elasticity deficiency, there are several strategies to maintain and stimulate collagen production in the skin.
Effective Ways to Stimulate Collagen Production in the Skin
We are what we eat. Thus, eating foods that help raise natural collagen levels should always be the first option. Also, foods rich in collagen or foods that promote collagen formation will create the building blocks (amino acids) you need to achieve smooth and flawless skin.
- Vitamin C is essential for pro-collagen synthesis. It would be best to consider putting the foods full of this nutrient into your diet, including oranges, grapefruit, lemons, and limes.
- Bone broth: The process of simmering bones in water is believed to extract collagen.
- Fish and shellfish: Bones and ligaments of fish and shellfish are made of collagen. Some people hold a belief that collagen from sea animals is easily absorbed.
- Ginseng: A study indicated that ginseng promotes fibroblast proliferation, which helps increase collagen formation. The discovery also implies that ginseng could be a viable anti-aging medicine.
- Algae: This beauty medicine contains proteins and amino acids that stimulate collagen production in the skin, as well as provide Omega-3 fatty acids that are helpful for skin damage.
- Egg whites have abundant amounts of proline, one of the amino acids required for collagen formation.
Chemical peels are used to injure the skin at a specific level to boost new skin growth and improve the skin’s texture. This technique encourages new epidermal development and collagen production, resulting in an even distribution of melanin.
According to a study, chemical peels are considered an effective treatment for skin conditions including acne, scarring, photodamage, and melasma. Chemical peels are divided into three categories: superficial, medium, and deep peels. Deep peeling was shown to be the most effective collagen formation.
Red Light Therapy
A study showed that red light therapy is a safe method to stimulate collagen production in the skin. This technique is used to treat a variety of skin conditions that require healing stimulation, pain and inflammation reduction, and function restoration.
Skin health may benefit from red light treatment because it stimulates collagen formation, providing skin structure, strength, and flexibility. In addition, red light therapy boosts fibroblast production, which makes collagen as well.
Aloe vera is generally used as a topical therapy for wounds and burns. Besides, aloe vera has more significant advantages, but you may not know. Rather than treating skin damage with topical aloe vera, researchers recommend an oral aloe extract called Aloe sterols. According to research, daily oral plant sterols produced from aloe vera gel decreased face wrinkles in women and enhanced collagen formation.
Collagen Supplements and Facial Cream
Since absorption of collagen from food can not be as productive as from supplements, you can consider taking supplements. There is a wide range of collagen supplements available in the market nowadays. Collagen supplements have certain benefits associated with different body parts, such as skin, joints, bone, heart, and muscle.
The human peptide GHK is proven to have a variety of biological activities, many of which appear to be beneficial to human health. Increased collagen production is one of its advantages. In comparison to 50% of women treated with vitamin C cream and 40% of women treated with retinoic acid, GHK-Cu applied to thigh skin enhanced collagen formation in 70% of women.
Like GHK, BPC 17 also supports the production of collagen. One study researched the effects of BPC 157 on granulation tissue and collagen production. The outcomes were encouraging.
Aside from taking supplements, many people these days use collagen cream to provide moisture and enhance smoothness in the skin. A variety of cream products are formulated to deliver anti-wrinkle benefits and the brightening effect.
RegenLabs LIQUID FACELIFT™ is formulated to enhance collagen production. This product effectively reduces wrinkles and enhances moisture with the most innovative supplements for skin health. The must-mention functions of LIQUID FACELIFT™ include:
- Increasing skin elasticity and moisture
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Activating genes at a cellular level
- Catalyzing photoprotection abilities
- Stimulating collagen production in the skin
- Providing better sun protection
It is a lot to think about! We get it. Regen Labs has options for you if you have questions about ways to stimulate collagen production in the skin. All Regen Labs products support the body’s natural systems for a healthy brain, skin, muscle, and sexual health.
Regen Labs products contain research-proven ingredients to boost the body’s natural ability to be healthy without toxins or synthetic chemicals.
Let’s talk! If you have questions, we would love to connect. Contact us at [email protected].